Daxxify and Botox are both neuromodulator injectable treatments that use botulinum toxin type A as the active ingredient. However, there are several key differences between the two:
- Delivery method: Daxxify® is formulated with Revance Therapeutics’ proprietary TransMTS technology, which allows for a lower dose of the active ingredient to be used while still achieving the same results as traditional botulinum toxin type A treatments. This may result in fewer side effects and a more natural appearance after treatment.
- Duration of effects: Daxxify is designed to last up to six months, while the effects of Botox® typically last for three to four months. This means that patients may need fewer treatment sessions with Daxxify.
- Indications: Both Botox and Daxxify are primarily used to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines caused by muscle contractions. However, Daxxify is also being studied for the treatment of other conditions such as migraines, hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating), and muscle spasms, while Botox is also used to treat other medical conditions such as chronic migraines, muscle stiffness, and spasms.
- FDA Approval: Botox is already approved by the FDA for use in the United States for several indications, Daxxify was recently approved by the FDA.
Latest posts by ACA Reviewers, M.D., Ph.D (see all)
- CDC Recognizes American Cosmetic Association for Diabetes Prevention Program While Promoting a “Healthy Beauty Inside & Out” - March 26, 2023
- Healthy Eating and Physical Appearance: How Food & Nutrition Influences Your Appearance - March 19, 2023
- Alastin TriHex Technology: Enhancing Skin Health and Beauty - March 19, 2023