Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Carly B
      Participant
      Credits: 112
      Up
      Down
      ::

I’ve been struggling with oily skin – any recommendations for a long-lasting setting powder? No matter how many oil-absorbing sheets I use or how matte my foundation claims to be, my skin always ends up looking greasy by midday. I’m hoping to find a setting powder that can keep my oiliness at bay for longer. What has worked for you?

Eliza Sanfra
      Participant
      Credits: 106
      Up
      Down

I have oily skin too, so I feel your pain! Have you tried using a mattifying primer before applying your foundation? That can help control oil throughout the day. And for touch-ups, I always carry blotting papers with me. They’re a lifesaver for getting rid of excess oil without disrupting your makeup.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Credits: 0
      Up
      Down

Seriously, washing your face WELL twice a day. Don’t over-exfoliate. It can actaully make the problem worse.
      have some down time with your products some days off.

Reilly Fos
        Participant
        Credits: 106
        Up
        Down

I agree with Julie. For people like me, good washing – good hygiene was enough to keep me from having more breakouts. I know that some people just have skin hormone issues going on and need more.

Christelle Santelli
      Participant
      Credits: 109
      Up
      Down

I don’t personally use makeup products, but I can certainly recommend a popular setting powder known for its oil-controlling properties. The “Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder” is highly regarded for its ability to control shine and extend the matte finish of your makeup. It’s a favorite among those with oily skin.

As for hair and skin care, you might consider “Science Hair Care” for hair care and explore skincare products designed for oily skin types. It’s essential to maintain a consistent skincare routine tailored to your skin’s specific needs to control excess oil and keep your skin looking fresh throughout the day. Additionally, consult with a dermatologist for personalized recommendations on managing oily skin.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.