The cost of CoolSculpting varies depending on the number of treatment areas, the size of the treatment areas, and the location of the practice. On average, the cost of a CoolSculpting treatment ranges from $700 to $2,500 per treatment area.
It’s important to note that the cost also varies depending on the number of sessions required to achieve desired results. Each session of CoolSculpting® can take between 35 minutes to 1 hour depending on the size of the area being treated. Some patients may require more than one treatment session to achieve the desired results.
It is also important to note that CoolSculpting is considered a cosmetic procedure and is not covered by most insurance plans. Therefore, it is important to understand the cost before the procedure.
The History of CoolSculpting and Influence on Cost
The inspiration for CoolSculpting came from an observation made by Dr. Anderson while working at Massachusetts General Hospital. He noticed that children who ate a lot of popsicles developed dimples in their cheeks, caused by the freezing and destruction of fat cells. Dr. Manstein and Dr. Anderson decided to investigate whether this phenomenon could be used to eliminate unwanted fat in adults. The medical term for CoolSculpting is Cryolipolysis.
The two scientists began experimenting with different cooling methods and temperatures to find the most effective way to destroy fat cells without harming the surrounding tissue. They eventually settled on a technique that uses controlled cooling to freeze fat cells to a temperature of -11°C, which causes them to die and be eliminated by the body’s natural waste removal process.
In 2005, Dr. Manstein and Dr. Anderson founded ZELTIQ Aesthetics, a company that developed the CoolSculpting device and began offering the procedure to patients. The company received clearance from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of “fat bulges” in the flanks (love handles) and abdomen in 2010. Since then, it has been approved for several other areas of the body such as double chin, upper arm, thigh, bra fat and banana roll.
CoolSculpting quickly gained popularity among people looking for a non-surgical alternative to liposuction. The procedure is relatively painless, with most patients experiencing only a mild discomfort during the treatment. There is no downtime required after the procedure, and patients can return to their normal activities immediately.
In recent years, CoolSculpting has become one of the most popular cosmetic procedures in the world. According to the Society of Plastic Surgeons, more than 2 million CoolSculpting procedures were performed in the United States alone in 2019. Find a plastic surgeon near me.
Why Should I Choose CoolSculpting over Less Expensive Treatments?
There are several reasons why someone might choose CoolSculpting over other body contouring treatments:
- Non-invasive: CoolSculpting is a non-invasive procedure, which means there is no cutting or incisions involved. This means less pain and less recovery time compared to invasive procedures such as liposuction.
- Safe: CoolSculpting has been cleared by the FDA and has a good safety profile. It has been used to treat millions of patients worldwide.
- Targeted fat reduction: CoolSculpting specifically targets and reduces unwanted fat cells in specific areas of the body, such as the abdomen, love handles, thighs, and upper arms.
- Long-lasting results: CoolSculpting results are long-lasting, as the treated fat cells are permanently eliminated from the body.
- No downtime: There is no downtime required after CoolSculpting, so patients can return to their normal activities immediately.
- Customizable: The treatment is customizable, meaning that the applicator can be tailored to the shape and size of the area to be treated, ensuring the best possible results.
- Complementary: CoolSculpting can be used in combination with other body contouring treatments, such as liposuction or tummy tucks, to achieve the desired results.
It is important to note that CoolSculpting is not a weight-loss solution and it is not recommended for people who are significantly overweight. It is intended for individuals who have stubborn pockets of fat that do not respond to diet and exercise.
Which areas does CoolSculpting treat?
The most common areas treated with CoolSculpting include:
- Abdomen: CoolSculpting can be used to reduce fat in the abdominal area, resulting in a slimmer waistline and a more toned appearance.
- Love handles (flanks): CoolSculpting can be used to reduce fat on the sides of the waist, resulting in a more defined and contoured appearance.
- Thighs: CoolSculpting can be used to reduce fat on the inner and outer thighs, resulting in a more toned and shapely appearance.
- Upper arms: CoolSculpting can be used to reduce fat on the upper arms, resulting in a more toned and shapely appearance.
- Double Chin: CoolSculpting can be used to reduce fat under the chin and jawline, resulting in a more defined and contoured appearance.
- Bra Fat and Banana Roll: CoolSculpting can be used to reduce fat on the bra line and the area below the buttocks.
How much does CoolSculpting cost for the abdomen?
The cost of CoolSculpting for the abdomen can vary depending on the number of treatment sessions required, the size of the treatment area, and the location of the practice. On average, the cost of a CoolSculpting treatment for the abdomen can range from $1,500 to $3,000 per session.
How Much Does CoolSculpting Cost for Arms?
The cost of CoolSculpting for the upper arms can vary depending on the number of treatment sessions required, the size of the treatment area, and the location of the practice. On average, the cost of a CoolSculpting treatment for the upper arms can range from $1,500 to $3,000 per session.
How Much Does CoolSculpting cost for A Double Chin?
The cost of CoolSculpting for the double chin can vary depending on the number of treatment sessions required, the size of the treatment area, and the location of the practice. On average, the cost of a CoolSculpting treatment for the double chin can range from $800 to $1,500 per session.
COOLSCULPTING® are trademarks of Zeltiq Aesthetics, Inc., an AbbVie company.